Shelterbelts and woodlots across the prairies are deteriorating.
Don’t wait until its too late to take action! Join Beaver County and the Agroforestry and Woodlot Extension Society to learn best management practices for private forested lands. Topics covered will include:
- Conducting tree health assessments
- Establishment of tree stands
- Woodlot maintenance and rejuvenation strategies
- Planning and developing shelterbelts and Eco-buffers on your property!
- Forest management within todays disease and pest climate
The evening will end with a field visit to a local nature reserve to apply assessment strategies learned in the workshop.
Come prepared for any conditions! Boots and rain gear are recommended.
A light dinner will be provided.
There is no cost for this workshop, however please RSVP on Eventbrite by August 16th, 2019